Amy Schmidt, a Vice President and leader in the Chicago office, is a market expert in the Midwest with a wealth of experience in the hospitality industry, spanning over a decade. As a seasoned commercial appraiser and consultant, she has underwritten and guided hundreds of hotel consulting projects in over 17 different states, with a focus in the Midwest region. She has experience with a wide range of hotel asset types, including limited-service hotels, full-service hotels, complex resorts, historic properties, and mixed-use assets, all in a variety of locations, such as rural, airport, suburban, and downtown markets. Services provided include feasibility studies, market studies, development consulting projects, and appraisals.
Amy’s proposed hotel consulting and valuation experience has included the following notable projects:
- Proposed Sable at Navy Pier Chicago Curio Collection by Hilton (Chicago, IL)
- Proposed Dual-Branded Hilton Garden Inn & Canopy by Hilton (Chicago, IL)
- Proposed Pendry Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Proposed Hotel Royer Urbana, Tapestry Collection by Hilton (Urbana, IL)
- Proposed Hotel Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI)
- Proposed Cabin and Glamping Site Recommendations (Various Markets, Midwest)
In addition to her proposed hotel consulting work, Amy regularly conducts valuations of existing hotels. Noteworthy projects are listed as follows:
- Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park (Chicago, IL)
- InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile (Chicago, IL)
- Talbott Hotel (Chicago, IL)
- theWit Chicago, a Hilton Hotel (Chicago, IL)
- Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel (Chicago, IL)
- Extended Stay America & WoodSpring Suites Portfolio (Various Markets, Midwest)
Amy is a state-certified general appraiser. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Business and a minor in Real Estate Investment Management from The School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University.
Follow Amy on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.