Global Hospitality Report (April 27, 2015)

Awakening of the Buddhist Circuit 
By Shamsher Mann and Rishabh Thapar

The article provides a background on tourism along the Buddhist Circuit, barriers that have prevented its growth and the opportunity that lies for the tourism and hospitality industry in light of recent developments and focus on tourism in India.

A Brief Guide to Winning a Hotel Property Tax Appeal 
By Erich Baum

Internal and external factors affect hotel property value, and in turn, its property tax burden. In most cases, an experienced hotel appraiser, employing a proven appeal protocol, is needed to determine whether a property is unfairly assessed.

11th Hotel Investment Conference - South Asia (HICSA) Successfully Concludes 

Hosted by HVS, the 11th Hotel Investment Conference - South Asia (HICSA) 2015, which was held on April 7-8 at the JW Marriott Aerocity New Delhi, brought together 500 delegates from across 21 countries, with overwhelming participation from hotel owners, investors, operators, bankers and industry specialists who shared best practices, new ideas and latest market trends. This two-day conference, is widely viewed by global industry leaders as the premier hospitality event for the South Asian region, valued for its networking opportunities and high-level contacts as much as for its content-rich sessions. The HICSA Organizing Committee thanks all sponsors, exhibitors, supporters and delegates for their continued support, and looks forward to welcoming everyone at HICSA 2016, scheduled for April 5-6.

Four Seasons Unveils Private Jet Experience 

Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts unveiled its new Private Jet service on 23 April 2015, offering the world an inside look to what has been deemed ‘a new standard in luxury hospitality experiences’. To complement Four Season’s luxury hotel and resort offerings, the new brand launched its first journey in February 2015; additionally, two new journeys have also been announced for April and August. From gate-way cities like Los Angeles and Beijing to The Serengeti, each of these ‘Four Seasons Private Jet Experiences’ include air travel and ground transportation, planned excursions, all meals and beverages throughout the trip, and accommodations exclusively at Four Seasons hotels and resorts. The jet, including accompanying staff and crew may also be privately chartered. While history had borne witness to the legendary Orient Express train and Queen Mary ocean liner, the contemporary world shall now watch as the Four Seasons’ attempts to redefine luxury travel with the hotel industry’s first fully branded private jet.

Barclay Brothers Sell Coroin Stake to Constellation Hotels  

The billionaire Barclay brothers have reportedly sold their 64% share in Coroin (the holding company of the Maybourne Hotel Group) to Qatari sovereign wealth company Constellation Hotels for an undisclosed sum, potentially ending a four-year legal battle with Paddy McKillen, who holds the other 36% in Coroin, regarding the brothers' attempt to take full control of the group. The sale of the shares, which are reported to be valued at more than £1 billion, means that Constellation now holds a majority stake in three iconic luxury London hotels: Claridge's, the Berkeley and the Connaught.


Superior Results through Unrivaled Hospitality Intelligence. Everywhere.