Senior Vice President Chelsey Leffet is the leader of the HVS Washington, D.C. Consulting & Valuation office. Since joining HVS, Chelsey has consulted on hotels of all asset classes and development stages throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, including several hostel lodging assets. Chelsey’s particular focus is the Washington, D.C. market, and she has also done considerable work in the suburbs of D.C., Baltimore, and Hampton Roads, including Williamsburg, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach. Some examples of her extensive experience are listed below.
- Chelsey’s notable luxury and upscale Washington, D.C. engagements include the following:
- Willard InterContinental D.C.
- The Hay-Adams
- Park Hyatt Washington D.C.
- Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C.
- Latham Hotel Georgetown
- W Washington D.C.
- St. Regis Washington, D.C.
- During her time at HVS, Chelsey has used her knowledge gained during assignments, networking, and other research to publish articles on the dynamics of the most prominent Mid-Atlantic hotel markets. She has also written on industry topics such as per-diem rate changes and the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Legislative Summit, as well as newsworthy events such as Amazon’s HQ2 plans for Northern Virginia.
- Chelsey’s keen insight into the Washington, D.C. lodging market is further developed by her involvement in local organizations. She helps lead and organize networking and educational events for the Washington, D.C.-based Hospitality Real Estate Society (HRES), serves on the board of the ILHA’s Northeast Chapter, and participates in the annual Bisnow Lodging Investment Summit (BLIS East) in D.C. Please contact Chelsey for more information about any of these organizations or to book her to speak at a local event.
Chelsey earned a BS in Hospitality Management and a master's degree in Business Administration from East Carolina University. She is a state-certified general appraiser working towards a designation of MAI as a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute.
Follow Chelsey on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.