Marcus Lee is a Director with the HVS Los Angeles office, working across both the Consulting and Valuation and Asset Management divisions. Marcus specializes in development advisory and has evaluated hotels across the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America, ranging from limited-service hotels to ultra-luxury resort-residential assets. He has completed assignments spanning feasibility studies, market studies, development consulting, and valuations, with an aggregate value of over $10 billion.
Marcus’ international background and understanding of proposed development projects, as well as his prior experience as part of Rosewood Hotel Group’s development team, have allowed him to assist his clients given his familiarity with the nuances of hotel development and its trends. In working with Marcus on feasibility studies, market studies, and development consulting, clients especially appreciate his insight, responsiveness, communication, timeliness, and strong work ethic—the hallmarks of his approach. His extensive expertise is highlighted below.
Marcus’ proposed hotel consulting experience has included the following notable projects:
- Proposed Thompson and tommie Hotels (Hollywood, California)
- Proposed Full-Service Hotel Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, California)
- Proposed Andaz Hotel (Palm Springs, California)
- Proposed Autograph Collection by Marriott (Dallas, Texas)
- Proposed Full-Service Hotel & Residences (San Diego, California)
- Proposed Three-Hotel Development Portfolio (Sonoma and Healdsburg, California)
- Proposed Cesars Republic (Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Proposed Luxury Resort & Residences (Santa Teresa, Costa Rica)
- Proposed Integrated Resort and Residences (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
- Proposed Tribute Portfolio by Marriott Resort (Ponce, Puerto Rico)
Drawing on this background in brand development, Marcus also advises clients on brand and operator searches for both ground-up construction projects and conversion opportunities throughout the U.S. and across various hotel types. Marcus’ vision to match up brands and operators with unique development projects allows him to deliver financial results for the clients he serves. Notably, Marcus has advised on the following brand and/or operator search projects:
- Proposed Hotel and Residences (Lake Tahoe, California)
- Proposed Luxury Hotel (Miami, Florida)
- Full-Service Hotel Brand Conversion (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
- Proposed Full-Service Lifestyle Hotel and Residences (Phoenix Valley, Arizona)
- Proposed Resort (San Luis Obispo, California)
- Proposed Luxury Lifestyle Resort (Sonoma County, California)
A proven hotel operator, Marcus gained hands-on knowledge of luxury hotel operations at properties in the District of Columbia, as well as international markets such as London and Singapore. Marcus’ background in operations includes management and guest-relations positions with premier luxury brands such The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Mandarin Oriental, and Capella Hotels & Resorts. This experience provides a solid foundation when Marcus analyzes hotel operations and provides operations oversight in his asset management and Hotel Performance Analysis assignments.
Marcus earned a BA in International Relations and History from Boston University and a Masters of Tourism and Hospitality Administration from The George Washington University. He is a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Marcus on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.