Peter Anderson, a Managing Director and Wellness Consulting Practice Leader for HVS, is a veteran of the hospitality, wellness, and leisure industries. During his multi-decade consulting career, he has assisted with the development and programming for resorts, hotels, and spa/lifestyle communities. His expertise includes developing strategic operating plans, renovation programs, and branding strategies ultimately resulting in enhanced operations and stakeholder profitability. In his work for clients, Peter evaluates industry trends, their related revenue sources, and their economic viability. He has conducted multiple engagements that required detailed and integrated knowledge of market analysis, real estate valuation, and lifestyle trends.
Destination wellness properties, which draw guests to their wellness-based amenities and programming, are an integral component of Peter’s expertise. While he is based in Los Angeles, his work is global and has included the following significant engagements:
- Dubai Health Care City Wellness Master Plan, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- HADI Wellness Center, Kuwait City, Kuwait
- The Phoenician Center for Well Being, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Planned Wellness Resort Community Bachmann Springs, Tombstone, Arizona
- Hotel Bel Air Resort and Spa, Bel Air, California
- Spa, Wellness and Fitness Programming for the Los Angeles Athletic Club, Los Angeles, California
- The Ridge, an Immersive Wellness Resort, Idyllwild, California
- The St. Julien Resort, Boulder, Colorado
- Brand Development and Corporate Growth Initiatives Development of a Wellness Center, Glen Ivy Mineral Springs and Day Spas, Various Locations
Peter speaks globally on the development of wellness-based lodging and has presented his finding throughout North America, as well as in London, England; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Melbourne, Australia; and Sao Paulo, Brazil. He has authored a monthly column called “Ask the Experts” in American Spa Magazine
and has published in various industry trades. As a Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE), he works as an adjunct faculty member of the Collins School of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona. Peter is also a member of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants
Peter holds a Bachelor of Arts in Physiological Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and a Master of Professional Studies in Hotel Administration from Cornell University.
Follow Peter on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.