Managing Director Janet Snyder, MAI, oversees the HVS Charlotte office, managing a variety of engagements throughout the Carolinas and the Southeastern U.S. With almost 20 years of living and working in the region, she has a unique perspective on the growth and change of these hotel markets. Janet’s experience and skills are highlighted below.
- Janet has experience with all hotel asset classes, having overseen or completed hundreds of assignments spanning hotel appraisals, market studies, feasibility studies, and more. She particularly enjoys consulting on proposed projects. Janet has worked with a wide range of clients, including major and regional banks, certified development corporations, local governments and municipalities, hotel owners and managers, and independent investors and developers. Her detailed approach, adapted to fit each individual hotel assignment, translates into clear, comprehensive conclusions about a hotel’s feasibility or value.
- Janet has authored numerous articles on the performance of various markets throughout the region. She also regularly attends and has spoken at the Hunter Hotel Investment Conference and has represented HVS at several other regional and national industry events and conferences.
- Janet has experience assisting clients with out-of-the-box assignments and projects, such as the following:
- Provided consulting services for two major North Carolina tourist attractions to help guide future lodging growth
- Conducted market demand studies and provided recommendations regarding future hotel growth and site selection for several counties within North Carolina and Virginia
- Worked alongside HVS’ Convention, Sports, & Entertainment Facilities division on the City of Raleigh’s Downtown hotel development strategy
- A sample of Janet’s significant past consulting and valuation engagements in the Southeast region is provided below.
- Ballantyne Hotel (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- Hotel Domestique (Travelers Rest, South Carolina)
- Sessions Hotel (Bristol, Virginia)
- Kimpton Overland Atlanta Airport (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Kimpton Brice Hotel (Savannah, Georgia)
- The Elyton, an Autograph Collection Hotel (Birmingham, Alabama)
- Proposed Autograph Hotel (Montgomery, Alabama) – opening 2021
- Proposed Long Beach Lagoon Hotel (Panama City Beach, Florida)
- The Read House (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
- As a business development leader at HVS, Janet also excels at creating relationships with clients who recognize her as a trusted consultant.
Janet earned her bachelor's degree from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Prior to joining HVS, she spent several years in the meeting and event planning industry. She also worked with Hilton Hotels’ Washington, D.C. national sales office and worked on-property at the Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center. She is a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) and a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Janet on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.