Managing Director and Senior Partner Jerod Byrd, MAI, is based in the Philadelphia region and oversees the firm’s Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Buffalo, New York offices. Jerod has worked on appraisal and consulting assignments for hundreds of hotels and resorts throughout the U.S., with a particular focus on the Philadelphia region.
He has authored numerous articles on the performance trends and dynamics of the U.S. and Mid-Atlantic hotel markets and has presented at numerous industry events since joining the company in 2007.
Some of Jerod’s significant past engagements in the Mid-Atlantic region include the following:
- Ritz-Carlton Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)
- Great Wolf Lodge (Scotrun, PA)
- Skytop Lodge (Skytop, PA)
- Westin (Philadelphia, PA)
- The Rittenhouse Hotel (Philadelphia, PA)
- Willard InterContinental (Washington, D.C.)
- Hotel Palomar (Philadelphia, PA)
While he undertakes consulting assignments of all types, Jerod has significant experience working on feasibility and market studies for proposed hotel assets. This expertise gives him a keen ability to evaluate hotel development projects and complete an insightful analysis that clients appreciate. A sample of his feasibility and market study work is listed below.
- Proposed Marriott Marquis Convention Hotel (Washington, D.C.)
- Proposed Luxury Resort (Northampton, PA)
- Proposed Hyatt Regency Convention Hotel (Richmond, VA)
Jerod holds the designation of MAI as a Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute. He is also a state-certified general appraiser.
Follow Jerod on LinkedIn
HVS is the nation's leading consulting firm that is laser-focused on the hospitality sector. The firm provides expertise through every phase of ownership across a wide range of hospitality assets. We help clients succeed in the complex consulting arena, from feasibility studies to exit strategies and everything in between.